Social Sales Outperforms Traditional Sales by 78% [Infographic]
For the B2B salesperson, the study’s call to action is profound: Ushering salespeople from the old world into the social world.
Here are five nuggets illustrated in our infographic below:
- 78.6% of sales people using social media to sell out performed those who weren’t using social media.
- Social media users were 23% more successful than their non-social media peers (exceeding quota by more than 10%).
- Non-social media users missed quota (by more than 10% or more) 15% more often than social media users.
- 50.1% of sales people who report using social media state that they spend less than 10% of their selling time using social media.
- Top social selling sites (in order): Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Blogging, Google+.
Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Google Plus, a blog, etc. are no longer nice to haves, they are salesperson must haves.
– Mark Fidelman, Forbes
Sales teams who have are engaged in deploying social sales strategies are quickly gaining a competitive advantage, because when done right, social media can “positively affect quota – which impacts revenue – which leads to better growth opportunities for business.”
Old world sales appears to be moving to a more social world. What do you think? Is your business embracing social channels as a viable sales strategy? Share your thoughts and sound off in the comments below or on Twitter (@SterlingKlor).